Dr. Olobo Maurice is an experienced academician and professional. He holds a PhD, MBA and Bachelor’s degrees in various fields of business. His experience both in academics and banking has exposed him to various environments of business. Dr. Olobo has helped a number of businesses at their infancy stage get a foot hold of the market and become sustainable business. He has been able to share his experience both at Uganda both at administrative level and class room level. His wealth of knowledge in the area of Business (Both in Uganda and China) has made him an invaluable asset.
His knowledge and experience in Business, Finance, Investment, Risk management and Corporate Governance over the years has enabled him serve in various capacities as;
- Senate member Uganda Christian University,
- Consultant at the formation and licensing of Top Finance Bank
- Board Member Top Finance Bank,
- Head of Risk Top Finance Bank.
- Lecturer at Huazhong University of Science and Technology (P.R.China)
- Lecturer at Wuhan University of Technology (P.R.China)
- Senior Lecturer Uganda Christian University-Mukono.
- Director Admission at Uganda Christian University
- Post Graduate Program Director at Uganda Christian University
- 2008-2011 - Wuhan University of Technology PhD Management Science and Engineering with specialisation in Financial Risk Management
- 2005-2008 - Wuhan University of Technology Master’s in Business Administration majoring in Finance
- 2001-2004 - Uganda Christian University (UCU) Bachelor of Business Administration Majoring in Finance and Accounting
Membership to Professional Bodies include;
- Institute of Corporate Governance Uganda (ICGU)
- Uganda Institute of Bankers (UIB)
- Distinguished International Student Honours Scholarship Award from China Scholarship Council, P.R China,
- Distinguished International Student Honours Award from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, P.R China,
- First Class Honours Award, Uganda Christian University
- Prof. Stephen Noll Distinguished Leadership Award, Uganda Christian University.
Dr. Olobo has built a character of strategic execution. This is evidenced by his commitment to achieve targets and getting work done. He has a strong belief and commitment to the survival of corporations where his involvement has been strong. He has strongly stated that the Difference between successful companies and non-successful companies is embedded in strategy execution.
Most organisation have developed state of the art missions, vision and strategies. However such documents have largely remained on paper. In the 21st century, emphasis is shifting from strategy formulation to strategy execution.