ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the ActionAid Uganda (AAU), a national development organization registered under the laws of Uganda and with a local Board.
Job Summary: The Finance Graduate Trainee will be responsible for the appropriate implementation and monitoring of approved budgets, processing of financial and other administrative transactions in line with AAU policies and donor guidelines, and in line with organization’s strategic plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine payment requests and other financial transactions for approval and ensure they have adequate supporting documentation in accordance with LFPM, donor guidelines and national laws
- Prepare and submit periodic financial reports, in line with LFPM and the statutory requirement to the Cluster Finance and Administration Officer, Donors and as may be required from time to time.
- Coordinate donor-funded projects at LRP Cluster level and ensure accurate and timely reporting as per the pre-defined project requirements
- Provide and account for general administrative and logistical support to staff and relevant stakeholders in accordance with organizational policies, procedures and best practice.
- Prepare and attend to the needs of internal and external auditors and implement recommendations in line with the Finance Policy
- Assess financial management gaps and build capacity of partners and project staff in financial management in accordance with GAAP and ensure that good accounting systems are established both at partner & LRP level
- Perform any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the relevant supervisor (s)
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Action Aid International Finance Graduate Trainee job placement should preferably hold a University degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Management or Accounting. Any additional professional qualification and knowledge of basic computer skills will be an added advantage.
- One year of relevant working experience preferably in an NGO sector
- Extensive knowledge of Budgeting and budgetary control;
- Good finance and accounting skills;
- Broad knowledge of procurement and stores management;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Computer literacy i.e. good knowledge of Microsoft programmes (Word, Excel, MS outlook and use of internet)
- Motor Cycle riding skills is a must.
How to Apply:
NB: All Applications sent by email should clearly indicate the position title in the subject line.
Deadline: 15th February 2018