Job Ref: CAA/ADV/EXT/04/2018
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a corporate body responsible for the regulation of Civil Aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport and 13 other aerodromes upcountry. CAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS).
Job Summary: The Registry Assistant will provide support to departments of CAA in internal and external mail delivery and maintaining an efficient Registry system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of documents
- Ensures proper and accurate filing of all documents on files
- Ensures that all records for issued documents are accurately maintained to ensure no loss of CAA information
- Follows up on outstanding returns of issued documents to ensure that all documents are accounted for
- Repairs torn documents /files to maintain information in the approved standard
- Makes photocopies of requested documents for users to enable them conduct their work
- Records and notifies Registry Officer of any lost/unreturned or damaged CAA documents/files to ensure proper follow up and or replacement
- Delivery of documents: Ensures accurate and timely delivery of internal and external mail
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Registry Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Librarianship and Information Science (BLIS)
- Two years of related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Be innovative and initiative
- Keen attention to detail
- Competency in the use of Records Management Software
- Age: Below 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who desire to join the aviation industry should send their hand-written applications with detailed CV and copies of academic certificates plus transcripts with the Job reference number clearly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address below. Please indicate your (day time) phone contact.
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Civil Aviation Authority (Head Office),
P.O. BOX 5536, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 14th February 2018 by 5:00 PM