ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the ActionAid Uganda (AAU), a national development organization registered under the laws of Uganda and with a local Board.
Job Summary: The Administration Coordinator will develop, coordinate, implement and monitor procurement and administrative plans and procedures in accordance with the AAI/AAU organizational policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement annual procurement plans in line with AAU’s and PPDA’s standards.
- Steer the implementation of policies and standard operating guidelines for general administration, (transport, travel and administrative logistical support to staff/visitors).
- Coordinate and ensure adequate security of people and organization assets in line with organizational policies.
- Lead and coordinate the maintenance of AAU premises in line with the AAU Policies.
- Supervise, coach and mentor staff to support their performance in line with Human Resource Policy Manual.
- Actively contribute to the development, review of and monitoring of the AAU Administration – related policies.
- Work closely with stakeholders to fulfill the legal obligations of the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Action Aid International Administration Coordinator job placement should preferably hold a Post Graduate qualification in Procurement, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- Professional Training in; Procurement and Logistics Management, i.e. CIPS is a MUST.
- A minimum of four years relevant experience from a reputable organization, preferably an NGO. Two years of which shall be at management level.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fleet management skills
- Security management skills
- Assets management skills
- Customer Service skills
- Ability to work independently
How to Apply: