IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organization manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management, and analysis, GIS and remote-sensing. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, which allows particularly IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts, supporting and working within the framework of the humanitarian reform process. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
Job Summary: The Regional Finance and Administration Officer will be part of the FLAT team and will be based in a field location guaranteeing a closer support to our field teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with the preparation of IMPACT Financial Sheets on the basis of ACTED and donor budgets
- In charge of the consolidation of monthly budgets follow-up, including ACTED and IMPACT expenses
- Keenly review of allocations and projections tables with the input of the country focal points
- Review of the expenses and conversion into importable format in SAGE
- Daily communication with the Finance team in Geneva
- In charge of the collection, review and related follow-up of monthly attendance sheets and aligned leave requests, ensuring that content/template/signatures are accurate and complete
- Following up on the holidays of international staffs
- Checking seniority of international staffs every month and communicate with HR team in Geneva
- Launch, collection, and review of exit forms
- Posting of job offers to attract new candidates within the region
Audit: First level check of documentation submitted to ensure completeness and related follow-up
HUB: Support in specific procurement processes related to the countries under responsibilities (research of quotations, preparation of complete procurement documents, etc.)
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The applicant for the Regional Finance and Administration Officer job placement must have a relevant academic background in HR, Finance or Administration;
- One year of relevant working experience;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Ability to work independently;
- Keen attention to details.
- Computer literacy i.e. knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Fluency in English and French required;
How to Apply:
Ref: 17/UGANDA/RFA02. Please indicate the reference in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 22nd September 2017