Finalist Career week is a week committed to preparing finalists as they exit university, it focuses on the issues in the corporate world, and connections between higher education, employability, and sustainability.
Career Week takes a practical, solutions-based approach and concentrates on key issues including the entrepreneurship, life skills, corporate environment, and financial management, with the long-term goal of transforming lives.
It is a unique forum that brings together the finalists of different faculties and is committed to preparing them to address the economic, social and governance challenges of globalization among others. The week provides a setting where different stakeholders compare experiences, seek answers to common problems and identify good practice.
The week is engaged in key issues concerning graduates and also seeks to develop and review practices to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of graduates, and the fair play with which their education is valued. It focuses on how to improve the performance of graduates, to promote quality delivery of their job services and to build a strong alumni fraternity.
- To identify and communicate good practices for graduates in community relations and organizational management.
- To develop visions of graduates to optimize their individual contribution to self –sustainable development.
- To look at areas where solutions may be needed to support graduates to self - sustainable development.
- To build student’s confidence, skills, and ability in what they have learned and practiced thereby creating a strong relationship between the graduates with different stakeholders, employers, and job
- To address the different challenges associated with job seeking and job creation by training students CV and Application writing skills, employment strategies and attending to an interview, professional and basic communication
- Re-energize the students the fields in the abilities, knowledge, and skills they have gained from UCU
The participants will also have the opportunity to interact with the different heads of government, nongovernmental organizations, powerful individuals who employ graduates, and entrepreneurs, to discuss different issues, skills, and abilities while looking for or creating a job or getting employed.
- Staff from Uganda Christian University
- Finalists from all the University Faculties (Main & Kampala)
Annual Year Weeks:
- Easter Semester
19th - 23rd March 2018 - Main Campus & Kampala Campus.
23rd March 2018 Finalist Corporate Seminar
- Trinity Semester
04th - 08th June 2018 - Main Campus & Kampala Campus.
08th June 2018 Finalist Corporate Seminar
25th - 28th June 2018- Arua Campus.
28th June 2018 Finalist Corporate Seminar
09th - 12th July 2018- Mbale University College.
12th June 2018 Finalist Corporate Seminar
16th - 19th July 2018- Bishop Barham University College- Kabale.
19th July 2018 Finalist Corporate Seminar
- Advent Semester
08th - 12th October 2018 - Kampala Campus.
12th October 2018 Finalist Corporate Seminar
15th - 19th October 2018 - Main Campus.
19th October 2018 Finalist Corporate Seminar